Please see below for the following job postings.
Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation District Aquatics Supervisor
Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation District is accepting applications for the Aquatics Supervisor position. A job description can be found on the link below.
Aquatics Supervisor Recruitment Schedule
Job Posted September 13, 2017
Job Closes September 29, 2017
Interviews October 9, 2017
For questions about the position, please contact District Director Mark Hickok at 541-386-5720.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and completed job application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
The Hood River Aquatic Center is accepting applications for lifeguards and swim lesson instructors. Applications can be found HERE. Please send resumes and completed applications to email@example.com.
- Part time position.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Must have current lifeguard certification through the American Red Cross
- Must be willing to have a flexible work schedule and have the ability to work in the evenings and on the weekend.
- Monitors and ensures safety of all patrons in the facility.
- Able to activate the Emergency Action Plan needed for any emergency situation and respond according to American Red Cross standards and HRVPRD training.
- Demonstrates good decision making and communication skills.
- Able to set up pools for various programming, including moving lane lines, running the slide and rope swing during busy open swims.
- Assists with facility chores including cleaning aquatics equipment, decks and checking pool chemistry.
- Must be willing to be trained as a receptionist for the front desk.
- Part time position
- Conducts group District swim lessons in a fun, nurturing enviroment.
- Must have working knowledge of stroke mechanics.
- Must like working with children and employ creative lesson plans.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- American Red Cross WSI Certification preferred, but will train the right person.
- Varied days and hours
- School swim lessons
- 2-3 hours Tuesday through Friday
- District swim lessons
- Monday and Wednesday evenings from 5-7pm
- Summer time Monday through Thursday mornings 8:15 – 11:15am.
- School swim lessons