Become a Lifeguard!
LIFEGUARD COURSE INFORMATION
o Tuesday, August 11: 4-8pm
o Wednesday, August 12: 10:30am – 4:30pm
o Tuesday, August 18: 10:30am – 4:30pm
o Thursday, August 20: 4-8pm
– Attendance at all classes is required.
– You must be at least 15 years old. Identification must be presented when registering for the course at the front desk. (Driver’s license, birth certification, passport, etc)
– On the first day of class, you will be required to pass the prerequisite fitness class in order to continue with the course. You will be required to do the following:
- You must be able to swim 300 meters (freestyle or breaststroke) continuously.
- You must be able to swim 20 meters, retrieve a diving brick from the bottom of the pool, and swim it with your face out of the water and the brick’s top out of the water in one minute and forty seconds or less.
- You must be able to tread water for two minutes without using your hands.
- $150 for the Lifeguard, First Aid, & CPR for Health professional certification is due upon the completion of the prerequisite fitness test. Please pay on the first day of class. Checks should be made to HRVPRD.
* If you have questions regarding the course, please contact me, Marcie Wily, Aquatic Center Supervisor, at 541-386-1303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note: The lifeguard course does not guarantee you an employment position with the Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation District. However, if you are interested in working with us, please fill out an application form and turn it in at the front desk!